I live in Gilroy with my husband of 8 years, our two kids, and our two dogs. We got married in San Diego and lived in San Jose until about 2 years ago. Gilroy’s hills and wineries have seriously grown on me, and I never want to live in a big city again!
- Camping, Outdoors, Mountains. My kids are pro campers at 5 and 8! They have gone every year of their lives and I love to see their love for the outdoors blossoming.
- Coffee. And not just to get me going. I love the flavor. I will drink decaf just because!
- Cold weather. Maybe not Alaska, but compared to San Diego, I LOVE the “seasons” we get here in Northern California. I love rain. I love scarves. And by September I am certainly over the heat!
- Baking. My love for baking lead me to culinary school. My husband will tell you I don’t bake my chocolate chip cookies often enough.
- The ocean. Born and raised in San Diego, and I was a complete Beach Girl until I moved up north at 19. I miss Southern California beaches. I still love going to Aptos and Santa Cruz, but it is not the same.
And if you’re interested in how I got started in weddings…
I have LOVED weddings for as long as I can remember. At 16 I got my first job with a catering company. We did a lot of outdoor events, many on the beach- what more could a San Diego girl ask for? I studied hospitality at San Diego State University before going to culinary school. At 19 I met my future husband, and knew it almost immediately. I shocked everyone, and decided to move 500 miles away from home and switch culinary schools to be closer to him- I am a hopeless romantic. While I was in culinary school in San Francisco, my love of events grew. Five years later we were married and I had the opportunity to plan my own wedding. I was in love with the wedding industry. After culinary school, I went on to business management in the food industry where I spent four years before making the move to planning weddings
I have been planning weddings for 5 + years and specialize in fun, organic, nature inspired weddings.